Huge Savings to be made from eLight technology20-Jul-2005
What is Solid State Lighting?
SSL lighting is a fast growing market and it wont be long until LED lighting replaces conventional lighting altogether. eLight lighting uses Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) instead of the delicate filaments used in incandescent bulbs and halogen lamps. SSLs are solid state devices, so there are no moving parts, chemicals or gases to worry about. They are effectively circuit chips, so they are very safe, reliable and efficient.
What are the Benefits of SSL Lighting?
- SSL products operate at a much higher efficiency than conventional lighting, and also higher than energy saver bulbs! This means that SSL lighting will save power and will therefore save you more money than any other bulb.
- Unlike incandescent or halogen lighting, SSL lighting runs cool, so there is no risk of burning or fire hazards. This also means that SSL products won't create as much heat in air-conditioned areas.
- SSL products have a much longer lifetime, where a typical SSL bulb lasts up to 50,000 hours compared to typically 7,000 for fluorescent and only 1,500 for halogen or incandescent bulbs.
- SSL bulbs turn on instantly unlike the energy saver bulbs which take a while to "warm up".
- There is no glass to break in most SSL bulbs, which makes them safer.
- SSL products are ideal for use in applications that are subject to frequent on-off cycling, unlike fluorescent lamps that burn out more quickly when cycled frequently.
- The manufacturer has full control over the colour of light output from SSL.
- SSL lamps do not contain mercury, unlike fluorescent lamps.